Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Drake (live)

Now don't get me wrong, or get my words fucked up. Dude is EXTREMELY nice. But honestly, WHY do the masses like him? I personally know people who have just gotten on him within the past 2mos, whereas he's been doing his thing for obviously much longer than that.......Hell The I Am Music Tour has been over close to that if not 2mos.....

I often wonder, if people weren't afraid to just LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE, how much further ahead this guy would be in his career as an artist.

A lot of his followers are those confused by, and affiliated with the cult like following of that of Mr. Carter, Dwayne Carter that is. But do they really enjoy Drake's music? Do they really enjoy Wayne's music? Or do they feel obligated to fk with one, because of their admiration as well as loyalty for whatever reason to the other?

In any event, he is definitely one to watch for the remainder of 09, and well into 2010. But as far as I am concerned, I need to hear more material of what he intends to be. Meaning, he's going to have to pick between R&B or Hip Hop, unless he knows the same MAGIC tricks that T.I. knows that only pinned him to a year and a day (and some even speculate that that even has changed to 10mos recently) for his Fed gun case, to make him a super R&B slash Hip Hop star.

I think his rhymes are dope, in addition to him having a decent voice when it comes to singing, but I'd much rather hear him spitting that harmonizing.


No comments: