Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Recession (the album version, because the literal sense of the word is already here) is on its way baaaaaabbbbbbbyyy!!!!!!


Young Jeezy & Nas - My President is Black

"my president is black, my labos blue and ill be gottdamn if my rims aint too, momma aint at home, daddy still in jail triyn to make a plate anybody seen the scale"


From talkin' shit about the man, to making a hit with him...is that the new formula for success when it comes to features??


It's even dope that Jeezy spits that he forgives Pimp C, and that he was understands that Pimp was being Pimp and just speaking his mind...thats some real shit!!


The track on the album likely to spark the most conversation is “My President Is Black,” featuring Nas. Jeezy rhymes about the war in Iraq (”People dying for crude oil,” he raps) and the need for change before rolling into one of the more memorable choruses of the year: “My president is black/My Lambo’s blue/I’ll be goddamned if my rims ain’t too.” The MC says Obama becoming president would be as surprising as Jeezy rolling into the housing projects in his blue Lamborghini. “When I pulled up in my car, that shit was unbelievable to people in my neighborhood because they were like, ‘We grew up with him. How the hell did he accomplish this?’ ” he says. “I feel like it was the same way with Obama. I grew up all this time, but I’ve never seen a black man this close to running this country.”

No comments: