Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I'm so proud of my little sister. An 09 college graduate, with so many beneficial opportunities coming her way to assist her in the very near future. As she gears up for a post graduate program for NASA I find myself wondering how prayer actually works, for lack of better words. A while ago I had realized that I had been given certain opportunities and hadn't really taken them
for granted, but I just wasn't focused and as interested in what I was doing, therefore, I didn't excel as I couldve & shouldve. So with the realization of that, I would focus the majority of my prayers around the betterment of her, my son, and so on, not necessarily asking the Lord for and about me.

There were times when I knew school, and work were getting tough for her, and I'd just ask to focus on her and everyone else aside from me, and that I'd rather see them prosper instead of me progressing at the moment. Which just leaves me wondering if prayer goes by what you ask for and are working towards within reason of course, or by what you mention and what your heart really means.

I've often prayed for others, sometimes even more than for myself, just because I hate seeing the ones I live struggle or feel some sort of stress or discomfort.

Idk, just doing some thinking & soul searching that's all, since it's obvious my prayers as well as others have helped her tremendously over the years,and the fact that I'm sending my own up triple the times if before.

This is my first time posting from my phone so bare with me if it's nor grammaticaly up to par as I am known to be!!
Lol

No comments: