Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Todays DJs.........

Todays DJs are a topic of conversation @ least 2-3 days a week as they should be, judging the state of the club scene today. Their job is to ROCK THE CROWD!! Plain and simple. I understand club owners, promoters, indie artists, party goers, etc. throw a lot of shit @ you and in the club, but as a person living in 2009, I'm sure you know how to dodge the bullshit, and get whatever you need to get done, done. I know a lot of DJs that I've come in contact that will tell you, they're only playing whats in the Top whatever, no requests, or to bream em off for requests, or to get your own shit played. As a man, taking care of business in this fucked up economy, I knock NO ONE for getting their $$, but I think as far as a DJ goes, that's somewhat of a conflict of interest in there. I say this because, it's your job to do the complete opposite & play the shit, that's NOT in the TOP WHATEVER. If it's not there, and it's a relatively new artist, hypothetically speaking, then how will it get there?!?!? I've been to parties, where 60% of the shit are records that weren't getting major burn, no TV love, but had the party rockin'!! It is very well possible. It's to a point where a lot of people, just go out just to do so, and not to party, which should be the number 1 reason somebody hits a club. It shouldn't be predictable, when you play a certain joint, whats coming up next. But that's def. the state in which we're in right now when it comes to these DJs. If you put on a new joint, from an unsigned artist, and 30sec into the song, the crowds not giving you any positive feedback, or any enjoyable vibes, switch the joint, is it not that simple??

Maybe I'm in the wrong, and what not, being that I've never DJd a party........then again, I may be on the right track....my thing is, when you're in that booth...DO YOU..play what you want, play what you feel......THAT PROMOTER OR CLUB OWNER AINT TELL YOU WHAT TO WHERE THAT NIGHT DID THEY?!? NAH...YOU WORE WHAT YOU FELT....SO WHEN YOU PUT THOSE HEADPHONES ON, AND YOU TURN THEM TURNTABLES ON..SO TAKE THE SAME APPROACH WITH THE MUSIC YOU PLAY...I'm just sayin'....

No comments: